List:       linux-admin
Subject:    proftpd chroot problem
From:       Jose AP Celestino <japc () sl ! pt>
Date:       2000-11-28 12:57:59

Hi,

I need help fast.

I'm having a little problem configuring Proftpd 1.2.0.

The problem is: I can't get the chroot to work. I do:

DefaultRoot ~

but user can still cd .. and 'break' it.

This issue appears only on one machine, in all the other proftpd we have
installed everything works great.

This machine has recently been re-instaled (nothing to do with this
problem thou) and the problem continues, the only thing I restored from
the old machine was /etc/passwd, /etc/group and /etc/shadow, the home
dirs and the kernel.

Can this be something related to passwd,shadow,..., the kernel then?

The machine runs Debian 2.2:

Linux zbr 2.2.13 #1 SMP Tue Nov 9 13:06:00 WET 1999 i686 unknown

Anything I'm missing?

-