List:       linux-admin
Subject:    DSC timeout
From:       Luca Ferrari <fluca1978 () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2004-02-11 17:38:29

Hi,
I've got a debian 3.0 r2 on a solaris sparc ultra 5 workstation. Someitmes it
happens that I receive a message from hdc (cdrom) like:
hdc: DSC timeout

I've tried to load the hdc with scsi emulation, passing hdc=ide-scsi at boot
to silo, but than the cdrom doesn't work (I mean /dev/scd0). What is the
above timemout, and how can I repair it?

Thanks,
Luca

--
Luca Ferrari,