List:       linux-admin
Subject:    Re: Ethernet Interface
From:       Postmaster <postmaster () transparency ! org>
Date:       2004-02-10 7:04:10

Hal Wigoda wrote:

> the linux implemetation will probably have an appropriate driver.

That kinda depends on the distro, dunnit?

For instance,
I can verify that the broadcom in the Dell dimension 2400
which has been shipping for the last few months is NOT
supported by RedHat 9.0 and backwards. Well, not from
the native CDs/ISOs or their respective updates as provided
by RHN, anyway.

But Broadcom offers downloads (src.rpm and tarballs) and
the work a dream.

Andy