List:       linux-admin
Subject:    Japanese auto reply
From:       Paul Furness <paul.furness () vil ! ite ! mee ! com>
Date:       2004-02-09 10:04:41

Hello.

Does anyone know how to put Japanese and English text in an autoreply
message that is based on exim's vacation mechanism?

I have it set up so that a file called "vacation.txt" in the user's home
directory will trigger an auto reply. But I have a need to put Japanese
characters in there and I have no idea how to achieve that using ascii.
We did try creating a message in Outlook and saving it out into
vacation.txt, but when it was auto sent it arrived as raw mime text so
was no use.

I tried Google, but of course the trouble with searching is that you
need to know fairly closely what you are searching for, and "japanese in
auto reply" doesn't seem to be helpful.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Paul

-