List:       linux-admin
Subject:    Re: feature-full ssh gui?
From:       Keith Morse <kgmorse () mpcu ! com>
Date:       2003-01-28 8:26:57

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, urgrue wrote:

> is there any decent ssh gui/front-end available?
> one that would perhaps allow something like:
> -built-in sz/rz support
> -saving of passwords
> -execute certain commands/scripts upon login
>
> so, basically, something like secureCRT but for linux...

Having read the five replies to your original posts, the following
thoughts come to mind.

> -built-in sz/rz support

	It would seem to me that the destination host sshd would have to
	support this (I'm probably wrong though).

> -saving of passwords

	Generally takes the form of plain text files.  Certainly bad form
	at the very least.  I really urge you to take a look at keys,
	ssh-agent and keyforwarding.  This makes ssh life quite pleasant.

> -execute certain commands/scripts upon login

	.bashrc or .bash_profile are not sufficient for your needs? (or
	their equivalents for other shells)

Well barring all that, take a look at kermit

	www.columbia.edu/kermit

I believe it addresses all the concerns you laid out above.

-