List:       linux-admin
Subject:    Apache/Frontpage: Can't Access AdminPort
From:       Linux User <linux-user () nospam ! dnsalias ! org>
Date:       2003-01-24 7:19:08

Help! I need to install MS FrontPage Server Extensions on my webserver,
because my wife wants to be able to have her own pages and she's a MS user.
I'm stuck at getting to the server administration pages.

I've been smart enough not to experiment on the live server; instead I'm
playing around with it on my desktop machine. The webserver is up and
running, I have the FrontPage extensions installed and working, and can
access the site administration pages at

   http://localhost/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmcgi.exe

I've also set up a server admin port as recommended using the command

   # /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/bin/owsadm.exe -o setadminport -s \
           /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf -port 8090 -username joe \
           -pw password

The server responds with the expected username/password prompt when I try to
access the admin port at

	http://localhost:8090/

But when I give the username/password, I just get the prompt back again ...
and again ... and again ... Until I get that working, I can't access the
server configuration nor the virtual host configuration pages. HELP!

Configuration:
	RH7.2 system
	No virtual webs or FP subwebs installed yet.
The server binary is the patched Apache 1.3.19 that comes with the server
extensions--once working, I'll patch and compile the latest version.

Server version: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix)
Server built:   Mar 31 2001 07:59:41
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:10
Server compiled with....
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D HAVE_SHMGET
 -D USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache/sbin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_XFERLOG="var/log/access_log"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="var/log/error_log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"
-