List:       linux-admin
Subject:    Re: How to load a module at boot time?
From:       Matt Hemingway <matt () supplyedge ! com>
Date:       2003-01-22 17:04:15

This is how I did it for a BroadCom Gigabit NIC module in Debian:

In the directory where you compiled the module type "make install".  This
should put the module in
/lib/modules/2.4.19/kernel/drivers/moduletype/mymodule.o

Than edit /etc/modules and add mymodule in there. Reboot and it should load.

Hope it helps.

- Matt