List:       linux-admin
Subject:    Re: Virutal private servers?
From:       Stoupin Sergey <serg () Ximmarket ! com ! ua>
Date:       2002-07-27 9:21:34

David Jackson wrote:

> Good day --
> While looking for a dediciated server provider, I can across listings for
> "virtual private servers"? What are they, how does one setup one up?
>
> And is their any why to tell wheather they "dedicated server" your paying
> for is really a virtual private server? Some of the dedicated pricing is
> just to good??
>
> TIA,
> David Jackson
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-admin" in

My english very bad, sorry

I have 2 lized line & 2 domain name on 1 computer (linux RH 62, kernel
2.4.18)
I applied next solutin:
(.com.ua - of course, country designator, it's may be different, all names in
this for example only)
Lized lines: xxx.provider.com.ua, yyy.provider.com.ua - they was named from
my ISP
Domains: xxx.com.ua, yyy.com.ua

In sendmail.cf insert next lines(for details-->sendmail docs):
#===================
Cwxxx.com.ua
Cwyyy.com.ua

C{M}xxx.com.ua
C{M}yyy.com.ua
#===============
In my network i have 2 group workstatins ws##.yyy.com.ua  and ws##.xxx.com.ua

They mast have different MX records for mail servers: mail.xxx.com.ua
mail.yyy.com.ua
in xxx zone file
#======================
ws##.xxx.com.ua.    IN     A <workstation ip addr>
                                            MX 10 mail.xxx.com.ua.
#======================

in yyy zone file
#======================
ws##.yyy.com.ua.    IN     A <workstation ip addr>
                                            MX 10 mail.yyy.com.ua.
#======================
pls attention of DOTS of end in ws##.yyy.com.ua., mail.yyy.com.ua., ... (.
mast be prezent see Bind docs)

My ISP DNS Server has next records
#================================
xxx.provider.com.ua              IN   A <ip addr xxx.provider.com.ua>
                                                        MX 10
relay1.xxx.provider.com.ua.
relay1.xxx.provider.com.ua. IN   A <ip addr xxx.provider.com.ua>
#================================

analogous for the yyy ...
#====================================
#====================================

for sendmail.mc file see MASQUERADE_DOMAIN() macro in sendmail docs
I use this:
#====================================
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`xxx.com.ua')dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`yyy.com.ua')dnl
Cwxxx.com.ua
Cwyyy.com.ua

some my users was moved from xxx.com.ua to yyy. com. ua, for this case i used
aliases in virtusertable

I will be satisfied, if this may help

enjoy

-