List:       linux-admin
Subject:    Re: Samba not asking for password
From:       "gerardo juarez-mondragon" <gjuarezmondragon () metacrawler ! com>
Date:       2002-07-15 17:05:39

Hi,

I see you have chosen encrypted passwords. Are
the files smbpasswd and smbusers properly set up ?

I find here two additional files: MACHINE.SID and
lmhosts. Do you have them?

I also remember having read in a very early howto
document about Windows polling very irregularly
for updates on the configuration, so that if you
changed it and restarted the daemons you did not
necessarily saw the changes reflected
immediately. Is this still the situation? (I
suppose yes, since Windows is still the OS we all
know and love...)

Gerardo