List:       linux-admin
Subject:    Compacting mailboxes
From:       José Antonio
Date:       2002-05-20 18:58:23

Hi everyone!

I'd like to know if someone has an {idea, program or script} for compressing
the mailboxes of mail users in a Debian server.

This happens because some programs only mark the message for deletion, but no
expunge is made (i.e. the program lists no more the message in the interface,
but the message remains in the users folder).  As we have many users (with
many folders each one), we prefer a "central" solution for this.

Any suggestion is welcome.

TIA

        José Antonio Pérez

-