List:       linux-aacraid-devel
Subject:    Re: Bad performance with aacraid
From:       Xose Vazquez Perez <xose () wanadoo ! es>
Date:       2003-05-07 19:00:41

Bas Goes wrote:

> So now I have been looking into the Suse kernel but I can not find
> anything special why the performance is so good. Could it be that you

you are a brave, because SuSE puts a lot of patches
( http://kernelnewbies.org/kernels/SuSE81/SOURCES/patches )
and it is really hard to know which one make the difference ;-)
Linux kernel is a chaos field. Distributions have kernel fixes not
found into official version for 'unknown reasons'.
I wish 2.4.22 would be shorter than .21, and it would contain
_all fixes_ more than new features.

> use the cdrom as your main filesystem? Are these figures produced with
> the suse livecd absurd? Has anyone found a way to get the performance
> out of adaptec scsi controllers when it didn't work out in the first
> place?

you can give a try to new aacraid version 1.1.2:
http://www.domsch.com/linux/aacraid/aacraid-2003-05-05-test.tgz

regards,
--
Galiza nin perdoa nin esquence. Governo demision!