List:       linux-aacraid-devel
Subject:    Which afaapps for RHL7.2?
From:       "Mark Knutsen" <knutsenm () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-12-10 17:03:14

At ftp.us.dell.com/scsi-raid/ I find several versions of the aacraid-util
tarball, none specifically for Red Hat 7.2 - any reason why I can't run the
latest version (which appears to be afaapps-2.7-2.i386.rpm)? Although tagged
for RHL8, it looks like it will install without dependency problems.

System is a PowerEdge 2500 with onboard PERC 3/DI (I think). RHL7.2 is
reasonably up to date with kernel 2.4.18-17.7.xsmp. I don't know the PERC
firmware revision, but it's likely a year old at least.