List:       linux-aacraid-devel
Subject:    Re: scsi0/scsi1 woes
From:       Anton Tropashko <anton () sequoiap ! com>
Date:       2002-12-03 19:52:54

Matt_Domsch@Dell.com wrote:

> > I boot kernel that was part of RedHat update to 7.3
> > and AIC7XXX comes up as scsi0 and PERCRAID mirror comes up on scsi1.
> >
> > I'm trying to boot the 2.4.18 that I compiled from sources and
> > PERCRAID comes up on scsi0. AIC7XXX comes up on scsi1. Subsequently
> > the system can not mount root dir as readable/writable and hangs on
> > and attempt to write into /var/log/
> >
> > Any ideas on how I could deal with this?
> >

> Use modules.  Red Hat Linux 7.3 lists drivers in the proper order in
> /etc/modules.conf.  You'll have:
>
> alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
> alias scsi_hostadapter1 aacraid
>
> When you make your initial ramdisk (mkinitrd), it loads the drivers in that
> order.
>
> Now, in your hand-built kernel, did you make these two drivers modular, or
> built-in?  If they're built-in, make them modular, and see that your
> /etc/modules.conf loads them in the order you need them loaded.  Also be
> sure to build in initrd support into your kernel, else it won't make a
> difference. :-)

Enabled ramdisk, enabled initrd. Built initrd file with mkinitrd as
suggested and
changed grub.conf

The kernel could not remount root filesystem in read-write mode:
partition not found.

I believe the entry for / in fstab is
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1

It can't mount /boot after the / remounting in rw mode fails.