List:       linux-aacraid-devel
Subject:    RE: another 2.4.12 + aacraid + SuSE failure.
From:       Steve_Boley () Dell ! com
Date:       2001-10-31 11:29:00

Been pounding away on recompiling 2.4.10 on PE2500 with PERC3/DI and was
getting the same hang at CHECKING ROOT FILESYSTEM.  Was trying all the
different aacraid patches and finally thought "Hey what if it's the
kernel?????".  So I then decided to go to the kernel/people folder and get
the latest patch that Alan Cox has for the 2.4.10 kernel which was
2.4.10-ac12 and see what happened.  Recompiled with the aacraid patch for
the kernel and no hang.  Some bug in the base kernel at kernel.org is
causing the issue which Alan patched in his patches somewhere.  I would
assume that if you patch 12 and 13 you will get the same results.  I was
doing this recompile in Mandrake 8.1 and I don't know what their base source
kernel is but Redhat uses the Alan Cox kernel as it's base kernel and hence
no problems with redhat recompiles.