List:       linux-aacraid-devel
Subject:    aacraid and 2.4.12
From:       Robert Sander <robert.sander () epigenomics ! com>
Date:       2001-10-13 10:57:00

Hi!

On linux-aacraid-devel there was a thread covering aacraid on 2.4.10:

> > I am testing kernel 2.4.10 w/ aacraid patch on our PowerEdge
> > 2450 but it
> > hangs during bootup at "parallelizing fsck."  Kernel 2.4.9
> > does not have this problem.

> I have the driver running successfully on 2.4.10-pre10-xfs, but had to
> revert to linux/drivers/scsi/sd.c from 2.4.9 in order to get the machine
> to boot (it would hang with the same symptoms as described above).

How exactly did you solve that? I wasn't able to boot when sd.c
from 2.4.12 was replaced by sd.c from 2.4.9.

Could the aacraid patch please at least be tested once?

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG