List:       linux-390
Subject:    Re: Linux 7.1 on z/VM 6.3
From:       Grzegorz Powiedziuk <gpowiedziuk () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-07-24 19:35:22

have you sorted it out?
These kind of problems I was debugging by oppening another ssh session
(can't remember if it was just root with no password or another install or
something like that) and then, I could actually cd into directory where
anaconda dumps all the logs. You could tail these and see what it complains
about. In some cases, before it dies inside of the vnc session it may give
you a pop up window and if you click on 'details' you can see some good
info.

and btw
I used to have problems with dasd and edevs if they were not formatted with
ickdsf/cpfmtxa before.

Gregory Powiedziuk