List:       linux-390
Subject:    Re: zVM/Linux Upgrade
From:       Michael Harding <mharding () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2015-05-28 19:56:15

I wouldn't worry about it.  If you indeed mean MAINT and not MAINT6xx,
there's nothing there but a basic PROFILE EXEC, PROFILE XEDIT and SYN
SYNONYM.  If you'd accumulated other files there you're SOL where they'=
re
concerned, but the shipped files are easily recreatable (or copy from o=
ne
of the other maintenance ids).

--
Mike Harding
z/VM System Support

/sp

Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 05/28/2015 12:11:5=
2
PM:

> From: "O'Brien, Dennis L" <dennis.l.o'brien@bankofamerica.com>
> To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Date: 05/28/2015 12:13 PM
> Subject: Re: zVM/Linux Upgrade
> Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
>
> Matt,
> If you have space to do a second-level install, you could do that
> and then copy the files from MAINT 191 to your first-level system.
>

> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Denni=
s O'Brien

> "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but
> illegal for the citizenry." -- Thomas Jefferson

did
> cms
> > format for 191 but I was signed onto maint and not my newly created=
 id.
> Worse
> > yet and embarrassing, I don't have a backup. This is a brand new
install
> of zvm
> > 6.3 and can be re-installed pretty easily if need be. Before doing =
that
> is
> > there any way out of this foolish predicament? Thanks Matt
>
> I would open a PMR and ask Level 2 to send you the files.
>
> Alan Altmark
>
> Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
> Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
> IBM Systems & Technology Group
> ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
> office: 607.429.3323
> mobile; 607.321.7556
> Alan_Altmark@us.ibm.com
> IBM Endicott
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------=
-
> send email to LISTSERV@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO LINUX-390=
 or
visit
-
> http://wiki.linuxvm.org/

-
> This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s)
> only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/
> or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions availabl=
e at