List:       linux-390
Subject:    Re: DB2 10.5 Memory Question
From:       Tito Garrido <titogarrido () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-07 20:46:40

Hi Gerard,

We have been using these kernel parameters for internal accounts. It is
based on limit of 90% for DB2:

#!/bin/bash
# Configuring kernel parameters on /etc/sysctl.conf

shmmax="$(echo "(($(cat /proc/meminfo | grep ^MemTotal | awk '{print
$2}')*90)/100)*1024" | bc)"
shmall="$(echo "$shmmax/4096" | bc)"
sem="250 256000 32 1024"
msgmni="1024"
msgmax="65536"
msgmnb="65536"
rmem_default="16777216"
wmem_default="16777216"
rmem_max="16777216"
wmem_max="16777216"
tcp_rmem="4096 87380 16777216"
tcp_wmem="4096 65536 16777216"
swappiness="0"
pagecluster="1"
overcommit_ratio="75"
min_free_kbytes="$(echo "(($(cat /proc/meminfo | grep ^MemTotal | awk
'{print $2}')*5)/100)" | bc)"
dirty_ratio="20"
dirty_background_ratio="5"

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
 #| Memory
Settings
> "
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
 kernel.shmmax=${shmmax}
kernel.shmall=${shmall}
kernel.sem=${sem}
kernel.msgmni=${msgmni}
kernel.msgmax=${msgmax}
kernel.msgmnb=${msgmnb}
vm.swappiness=${swappiness}
vm.page-cluster=${pagecluster}
vm.overcommit_ratio=${overcommit_ratio}
vm.min_free_kbytes=${min_free_kbytes}
vm.dirty_ratio=${dirty_ratio}
vm.dirty_background_ratio=${dirty_background_ratio}
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
 #| Network
Settings
> "