List:       linux-390
Subject:    Re: Arp cache in a VSWITCH ??
From:       Agblad Tore <Tore.Agblad () volvo ! com>
Date:       2012-11-15 9:51:13

Just for your information about our problem with TCPIP traffic suddenly
stopping, and working again after a reboot or network restart or failing over to
the backup OSA ports.

We are pretty sure it's the use of Layer 3 that is causing the problem.
After changing eth0 config and changing to a vswitch using layer 2, problem goes \
away. So we have added a new setup of vswitches using layer 2, and changes the \
servers when we need to or can now, one by one.

Tore Agblad
System programmer, Volvo IT certified IT Architect
Volvo Information Technology
IMO Mainframe Databases & zOpen Gothenburg
Dept.  DE56430
SE-405 08, Gothenburg  Sweden
Telephone: +46-31-3233569
E-mail: Tore.Agblad@volvo.com