List:       linux-390
Subject:    hwcfg-dasd-*  on SLES10SP3 LPAR
From:       "Kowalski, Steve S" <Steve.Kowalski () standardbank ! co ! za>
Date:       2011-09-29 7:07:49

Hello,

I am looking for the documentation/information on the structure and funct=
ion of the hwcfg-dasd-*  files.

Are the hwcfg-dasd-* files still recognized on SLES10 SP3 ?

What is the function of the UCB address in the file name structure?

I have a running system restored from a backup.

The names of the hwcfg-dasd-*  files on the restored system are pointing =
to the original system's UCBs.

The original system's UCBs are not existing (are not available) to the re=
stored system.

The restored system is up and running.

Anyone with the similar experience?

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice weekend,

Steve Kowalski

[cid:image001.png@01CC7E87.42F4DC90]

Standard Bank email disclaimer and confidentiality note
Please go to http://www.standardbank.co.za/site/homepage/emaildisclaimer.=
html to read our email disclaimer and confidentiality note. Kindly email =
disclaimer@standardbank.co.za (no content or subject line necessary) if y=
ou cannot view that page and we will email our email disclaimer and confi=
dentiality note to you.

send email to LISTSERV@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit