List:       linux-390
Subject:    Re: recovering userid/password info from a backup
From:       Rogério_Soares <rogerio.soares () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-28 22:35:41

Hi Sue,

that's it, you need only take lines of you users from /etc/passwd,  they
passwords on /etc/shadow and don't forget /etc/groups...

normaly i open the file and cut only the lines that i want.. remeber that on
new system you probabily will have diferent ID users... if you just copy and
paste be sure that have a  unique user UID and GID.

once you have copy the users, create home folders or copy then too. remember
to grant permissions for each one on you respective home ;)

i think that's it... :)

for o