List:       linux-390
Subject:    Looking for some good stories...
From:       Martha McConaghy <URMM () vm ! marist ! edu>
Date:       2010-08-23 10:14:54

The Linux and VM Program at SHARE is looking for some good stories.   In
particular, we are looking for people who can talk about their experiences
implementing and running large, critical applications on Linux on System z,
either with or without z/VM.

At the recent conference in Boston, LVM sponsored a day dedicated to
discussing experiences using Oracle under Linux on System z and it was very
well received.  So, at the next conference (Anaheim CA 2/27-3/4/11), we
would like to continue that topic, plus have presentations on other large
applications such as SAP, WAS and Cognos.  Other suggestions are also welcome.

So, if you have a story to tell, we bet that there are others who would like
to hear it.  Speaking at SHARE is a rewarding experience, not intimidating at
all.  The members of the LVM Program team will help you through it.

We are currently starting our scheduling process for the Anaheim conference.
The "call for presentations" is open at http://www.share.org.  Please submit
your proposal via the web site.  If you want to discuss it with someone before
creating a proposal, please contact me off-list and I'll be happy to help.

Martha McConaghy
LVM Program Manager

send email to LISTSERV@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit