List:       linux-390
Subject:    Re: LCS problem Installing SLES 11 in "partition"  ( more)
From:       Mike At HammockTree <mike () hammocktree ! us>
Date:       2009-06-19 20:26:49

Yes, that got past the problem..   although there were a couple of issues
along the way.
For example, this kernel could  not seem to gunzip the initrd; it reported
bad magic numbers.  So I unzipped the initrd 'externally' and then just used
that as part of the IPL 'tape'.
I'm still battling later stages of the install process, mainly because of
the very slow/poor performance in this mode, but I  did  get past that early
roadblock.

Thanks Mark!!
Mike