List:       linux-390
Subject:    Re: Z/LINUX START-UP ERROR
From:       RPN01 <Nix.Robert () mayo ! edu>
Date:       2007-08-29 18:49:15

It looks like you've attempted to install a kernel module, possibly called
vmsock, and it encountered an error. Since this was during startup, and is
tied so closely with the kernel, it decided that the better part of valor
would be to shut down, rather than wait to see what the errored module would
do to the rest of the kernel.

If you can mount your disks from another image, look in /etc to see what
kernel modules are being loaded. Maybe the copy of this one is corrupted? In
any case, you should be able to remove it and bring the image up...

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW