List:       linart
Subject:    Free Music
From:       Greg Turpin <gregturp () home ! com>
Date:       2001-04-26 5:22:33

Greetings!

  I was wondering if there was any Open-Source-"ish" license
out there that would allow me to publish music *without* letting
record companies get their grubby little hands on it?
  I know this goes against most of the ideals of Open-Source, but,
regardless, I don't want a record company making money off of
my work.
  I have no problem with individual users trading it and converting
it to different formats.  Napster is fine in my eyes.

   Anyone out there know enough about the licenses to help
me out?

Thanks in advance,

Greg Turpin
Total World Domination
gregturp@home.com

Computers control information.  Information is power.
Power to the people!  Open Source!