List:       linaro-validation
Subject:    [Linaro-validation] Daily updates of staging finally set up
From:       michael.hudson () canonical ! com (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
Date:       2012-06-22 4:52:28

Hi all,

I have just fiddled with the appropriate crontabs to get staging updated
at 00:00 UTC (or possibly 00:00 UK time) to trunk branches of various
components.  You can see a log of the updates at:

    http://validation.linaro.org/staging-updates.txt

and I've updated the way the deployment report handles components in
branches:

    http://validation.linaro.org/deployment-report.xhtml

(although as staging is running the tip versions of all branches now,
this isn't really apparent).

The way this works is that there is a checkout of trunk of various
branches in /srv/lava/branches (please DO NOT edit anything in these
brances -- I want them to remain pristine copies of trunk) and symlinks
from /srv/lava/instances/staging/code/current/local to each of these
components.  These symlinks get copied forward to a new version of the
code directory if ldt upgrade staging creates one (i.e. if we commit a
new lava-manifest revision).

If you want to use a custom branch on staging, check it out somewhere on
control (not in /srv/lava/instances/staging/code/current/local!) and run
(as instance-manager) /srv/lava/instances/staging/bin/lava-develop-local
$path_to_your_branch.  When you're done testing, please run
"/srv/lava/instances/staging/bin/lava-develop-local
/srv/lava/branches/$component" to get back to tracking tip.  To see
changes on staging.validation.linaro.org you'll need to restart the
instance.

I'll work on automatically copying the production database to staging
next week I hope.

Cheers,
mwh