List:       linaro-validation
Subject:    [Linaro-validation] Merge lava-dashboard-tool into lava-dashboard
From:       zygmunt.krynicki () linaro ! org (Zygmunt Krynicki)
Date:       2012-03-28 12:43:57

W dniu 28.03.2012 13:59, Le.chi Thu pisze:
> You mean if I am going to install a client tool (cli) for example cli
> for scheduler, I will get the scheduler install as well ? Do I
> understand you well ?

I'm not really sure what you mean.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding around this topic:

1) I'm only discussing python packages now, not debian packages
2) I'm proposing to merge -tool and -server parts for some of our
projects (starting with dashboard and scheduler)
3) I'm proposing to use setuptools 'extras' feature to split
dependencies between the client and server parts of each package
4) To use the client part you'd have to install lava-dashboard[client]
5) To use the server part you'd have to install lava-dashboard[server]
6) Installing plain lava-dashboard would only install library components
common to all extras
7) Debian packages could split them again to lava-dashboard-client and
lava-dashboard-server to maintain separate dependencies.

That is all.

Thanks
ZK

> BR
>
> /Chi Thu
> On 28 March 2012 07:11, Paul Larson <paul.larson at linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Zygmunt Krynicki
>> <zygmunt.krynicki at linaro.org> wrote:

>>> You misunderstood my proposal. The dependencies are separate. The
>>> technique I'm using creates extras, optional components of a package
>>> that have additional dependencies.
>>>
>>> In this case lava-dashboard-tool would be a transitional package that
>>> depends on lava-dashboard [tool]
>>>
>>> It would not pull django ;-)
>>>
>> Transitional package? are you talking about debian packages here?

Zygmunt Krynicki
Linaro Validation Team