List:       linaro-toolchain
Subject:    [weekly][linaro] report week ending 22 Sep
From:       Peter Maydell <peter.maydell () linaro ! org>
Date:       2023-09-22 15:47:26

Progress:
 * UM-2 [QEMU upstream maintainership]
  - Implemented Neoverse N2 CPU model (easy as it's very similar to
    the Cortex-A710 we just implemented; but because it supports 48
    bit physical addresses we can use it in the sbsa-ref board, so
    it's worth having both)
  - Wrote code to wire up the NS EL2 virtual timer IRQ on the virt
    board. This is part of FEAT_VHE, and we implemented the timer
    itself in the CPU ages ago, but forgot to ever wire up the
    interrupt line on the board models. Unfortunately doing this
    runs into a bug in EDK2 where it incorrectly asserts when it
    sees a dtb that reports the interrupt line. Leif Lindholm wrote
    patches to fix this in EDK2, but we'll need to update the QEMU
    testsuite and figure out how to communicate the need for an
    updated EDK2 to users.
  - Looked again at a long-standing missing feature in the virt
    board where it only has one UART. The main blocker for adding
    a second one has been odd EDK2 behaviour when the dtb tells
    it there are two UARTs. Investigated and wrote up exactly
    what it does to start a discussion about improving it.
  - Put together a target-arm pull request
  - Squashed a few -Wshadow warnings
  - Looking at a bug involving QEMU's PSCI emulation when QEMU
    is faking being EL3 firmware for a Linux guest

 * QEMU-530 [QEMU ARM v9.4 Baseline CPU for TCG]
  - Implemented and sent a patch for FEAT_HPMN0 (a very easy
    feature that makes MDCR_EL2.HPMN==0 valid)

-- PMM