List:       linaro-toolchain
Subject:    =?UTF-8?B?SG93IHRvIHVzZSAncnVudGltZS1saW5hcm8tLi4uJyBhbmQgJ3N5c3Jvb3Qt?= =?UTF-8?B?bGluYXJvLS4uLicgY
From:       Konstantin Aladyshev <kostr () list ! ru>
Date:       2020-04-16 21:50:20

Hello!
I know, this is probably a very stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer for \
it. On the page   https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/latest-5/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ \
there are 3 major download components: gcc/sysroot/runtime. I download 'gcc', add \
'gcc-linaro-.../bin' to my PATH and cross compile my apps. On my target system, I \
need 'libc', and it is present in the 'sysroot-linaro-...'.  Do I need to copy all of \
the contents of 'sysroot-linaro-...' folder to my target? 'linaro-sysroot' folder is \
kinda big. 'libc.so' library is 13MB. If there is a way to decrease its size, if I \
want to use Linaro compiled programs on an embedded target? And what is a purpose of \
'runtime-linaro-..." component?