List:       linaro-toolchain
Subject:    [ACTIVITY] Weekly report for week 25
From:       Peter Smith <peter.smith () linaro ! org>
Date:       2018-06-22 17:30:13

[TCWG-1424] Profile guided information code size investigation.
- Wrote up initial findings in Jira
- Have written a pass that works with both the new and old pass
manager that I can use to selectively add size optimisation attributes
to functions.
- Spent way too much time trying to work out where to put the pass in
both the old and new pass manager.
-- I now understand why the new pass manager is required to get the
most benefits of profile feedback.
-- I now understand a bit better some of the frustrations of the old
pass manager.
-- I can see why the new pass manager isn't quite ready yet.
- Fixed up, I think, -fprofile-instr-generate in the new pass manager.
I didn't realise that were two separate instrumentation methods as
-fprofile-generate is subtly different.

Misc:
- Updated state of sanitizer tests on Arm and AArch64 to enable a PR
to be closed.