List:       linaro-toolchain
Subject:    Re: Possible bug with int64_t in GCC 4.9.4
From:       Jim Wilson <jim.wilson () linaro ! org>
Date:       2017-03-27 22:41:44

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Fernando Endo <fernando.endo2@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been using GCC 4.9.4 for a while now (arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Linaro GCC
> 4.9-2017.01) 4.9.4), and I found this strange behavior:
> So, this means that warm_and_run_ is assumed by GCC 4.9.4 to have 32 bits
> arguments, while they are indeed 64 bits. This seems to be a bug for me. The
> code in the library is correctly allocating 2*32 bits regs for each
> argument.

I am not able to reproduce this problem with the info you have
provided.  I am getting 64-bit args passed to the warm_and_run_
function.  Perhaps the reduced testcase doesn't show the problem.   I
had to modify your testcase to build it,  pTHX_ and regnode are not
defined for instance, so maybe an important detail was accidentally
left out.  Or maybe something else went wrong on your end.  Maybe you
have two copies of the libm5op.h file, and the wrong one was included.

I suggest compiling the regexec.c file with --save-temps, which will
leave behind the proprocessor output in the regexec.i file, and the
assembler output in the regexec.s file.  Check the regexec.i file to
make sure the types are OK after preprocessing.  If you can send us
this file, that would help.

Jim