List:       linaro-toolchain
Subject:    [ACTIVITY] 16th - 19th April
From:       andrew.stubbs () linaro ! org (Andrew Stubbs)
Date:       2012-04-19 17:07:36

* Linaro GCC

Investigated the latest test failure for the neon-extend patch. The test
for GCC Bugzilla 43137 is failing again. It turns out to be because my
switching sign_extend to use a DImode output, rather than two SImode
subreg outputs has exposed a bug in the lower-subreg pass. I've spent
most of the week trying to figure what can be done about this and
discussing the problem with Richard Sandiford upstream.

Richard Earnshaw approved my neon-negate patch. That patch depends on
the neon-immediates patch which is not approved yet, so I'll have to
wait to commit it.

Continued looking at NEON-v-core register allocation. Not much progress
this week though.

* Other

Created a patch to make the GCC RTL dumps easier to diff. Posted it
upstream and discussed it on the list.

Vacation on Friday.

* Next week

Vacation Monday and Tuesday