List:       linaro-multimedia
Subject:    Need help to install PVR graphics drivers
From:       dedicated4linux () gmail ! com (dedicated4 linux)
Date:       2012-09-27 7:35:04

hi all,

I wanted some information that would really help me a lot, I am working on
pandaboard.

I saw in you geexbox 3, while running xbmc the frames per second is really
good (58fps) it is using hardware acceleration.

Well I have built the linaro kernel version with ubuntu file system, on
that I am trying to install graphics drivers, got from the
http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/rsalveti/pvr-omap4.git;a=summary. I
have build the drivers from cross compoler arm-linux-gnueabi- which was
used to build the kernel. I got an omapdrm_pvr.ko file.

I copied the omapdrm_pvr.ko and usr folder to the filesystem.

After installing the module, lsmod shows omapdrm_pvr.ko running :)

But when I install and run XBMC it is very slow, on the hardware info I can
see that the frames per second is just 0.29 :(.
In the GPU it shows SOFTWARE RASTERIZEER. I know this is the problem..

Please can any one show light to solve this. So that my xbmc uses the GPU
hardware...

Any help highly appreciated

Best Regards,
Dedicated 4 linux