List:       linaro-multimedia
Subject:    linaro-android track
From:       zach.pfeffer () linaro ! org (Zach Pfeffer)
Date:       2011-05-02 22:30:56

All,

I apologize for the broad distribution.

Alexander and I have been getting the Android track going. We have the
following topics. Most of these have subscribers. Would everyone mind
taking a look through this list and subscribing or suggesting people
who should be involved? I'll be getting more details into each of
these this week.

Hosting and Distribution of Linaro Builds
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-build-distribution

This topic will focus on building and distributing Linaro Android
builds. Topics will include: binary and source distribution, source
and binary overlays (proprietary components and blobs from TI,
Samsung, etc), license click-through, build and distribution location
or method (host images and/or support on-demand image builds) and
release tagging and naming.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-build-distribution/+subscribe

Android Code Review
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-code-review

This discussion will focus on Android code review. Topics will include
Gerrit, continuous integration, maintainers, reviewers and validation.
We'll focus on integrating the Android development model with Linaro.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-code-review/+subscribe

Android Continuous Integration and Building
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-continuous-integration

This discussion will focus on Linaro Android continuous integration
and builds. Topics include: infrastructure and validation
requirements, test subsets for merges and unit testing.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-continuous-integration/+subscribe

Android LEB Validation and Test Suite
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-validation-and-testsuite

This discussion will focus on LEB validation and test suites. Topics
will include: Monkey, CTS, Monkeyrunner, unit-tests, continuous
integration merge tests.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-validation-and-testsuite/+subscribe

2011 ELC Follow Up and Planning
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-2011-elc-followup

Linaro had a good meeting at the 2011 Embedded Linux Conference. Many
things were discussed. This session will talk about next steps and
future planning.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-2011-elc-followup/+subscribe

Android Hardfloat Experiment
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-hardfloat

This session will discuss strategies to find hot-spots that could
benefit from hardfloat without breaking overall binary compatibility
with market apps.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-hardfloat/+subscribe

Android LEB Documentation
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-leb-doc

This session will focus on discussing what documentation we need for
LEB use and bundled with releases.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-leb-doc/+subscribe

Linaro Android Toolchain Distribution
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-toolchain-distribution

This session will discuss how to distribute the various components of
the Linaro toolchain. We'll discuss NDK and platform distribution,
support on Ubuntu, Fedora and Mac, what components do we need to
publish and benchmarking toolchain improvements.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-toolchain-distribution/+subscribe

LEB Board Review and Deliverable Requirements
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-leb-board-review

This discussion will talk about defining new member deliverable for
Android LEBs, reviewing what's been delivered and assessing if we can
raise the bar, discuss other low-cost high-volume board that currently
exist or are on the way (Nexus One, Nexus S, Snowball), talk about LEB
candidates, discuss cost ceilings (is the Elba board too expensive,
for instance).

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-leb-board-review/+subscribe

Open Source Development for Non-Application Cores
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-non-app-core-development

This session will explore how to open up development for the various
DSP and video cores that exist on many SoCs that are running Android
to allow open source development of multimedia acceleration.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-non-app-core-development/+subscribe

Upstream Android Build
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-upstreaming

This topic will discuss which changes we can upstream.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-upstreaming/+subscribe

ADB Shell Improvements
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-adb-shell-improvements

The adb shell lacks many features we take for granted. There is a need
for a little more functionality, this session will discuss this.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-adb-shell-improvements/+subscribe

Android Beyond Phones and Advanced Topics
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-beyond-phones

This session will discuss the future of Android. It'll be a
brainstorming session to talk about topics like: dual lib
(bionic/glibc) support in Android, bringing apt-get into Android,
Android as a general computing platform, expanded enterprise
networking, expanded packages, traditional Linux application support,
security certification and headless Android.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-beyond-phones/+subscribe

JTAG for the World
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-jtag

This session will talk about improving tools for Ubuntu hosted JTAG
tools, open JTAG script development and available JTAG platforms.

Subscribe:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-o-jtag/+subscribe

-Zach