List:       linaro-kernel
Subject:    [ACTIVITY] (Ulf Hansson) 2012-01-12 - 2013-01-26
From:       ulf.hansson () linaro ! org (Ulf Hansson)
Date:       2013-01-26 18:45:03

== Ulf Hansson ==

=== Highlights ===

Storage:
* Reviewing patches on mmc-list, different stuff.
* Patches on mmc-list for fixing signal voltage switch procedure for
UHS mode ready. Acked and tested by different host driver authors.
Still not merged yet, hopefully they will go in 3.9.
* Sent updated patch for dma handling in mmci host driver.

Clk:
* Quite much internal work done. Needed to be able to prepare a patchset to
implement abx500 clocks. Found out issues with clk_set_parent API.
* Resent patchset for clk framework, to make an unsued clk unprepared at
late_init. Now also includes a patch for ux500 to make use of this feature.
* Send patchset for fixing clk_set_parent API.

=== Plans ===

Storage:
* Follow up on Idle time BKOPS patches on mmc list. Intend to send a
skeleton patch which the work can be based upon. Related to runtime
PM.
* Doing an overall analyse about the eMMC 4.5/4.6 features. Check what
can be considered finished, what needs further fixing and point out
the new features for which we should spend our focus on in Linaro
storage team.
* Push patches for mmci host driver to support for UHS cards.
* Push patches for mmci host driver to further extend the power
management support.
* Push patches for mmci host driver to add new features like CMD23
support and more.

Clk:
* Upstream internal ux500 clock work related to abx500 clk driver.

=== Resolved Issues ===

* Major issue resolved when Micron, via Luca Porzio, sent me an eMMC
-> SD card adapter for their eMMC 4.5 samples I already got from them.
Now I am able to boost up focus on eMMC 4.5 features an actually do
some real testing. Thanks Luca and Micron!

=== Issues ===

* The quite intensive work for the internal development track for
ux500 clocks, has temporary made me drop some focus on storage. I will
correct that when coming back from the one week of ski-vacation which
starts tomorrow. :-)

Kind regards
Ulf Hansson