List:       linaro-kernel
Subject:    [ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2012-12-11 - 2013-01-04
From:       linus.walleij () linaro ! org (Linus Walleij)
Date:       2013-01-04 15:38:56

== Linus Walleij linusw ==

=== Highlights ===

* Sent pinctrl patches for v3.8 to Torvalds and he pulled them
  in.

* Sent a first batch of updates for the -rc series for pinctrl as well
  and Torvalds has pulled in these too.

* Grant has brough the pending GPIO patches upstream through
  his tree.

* Inquiry into the state of CodeAurora's CoreSight patch set spurred
  a fruitful discussion and the author has posted a first patch set.

* Working on multiplatform. So we have to take a step back:
  When the platform was migrated to SPARSE_IRQ all drivers
  should nominally have been converted to use irqdomain first.
  This was not the case: the AB8500 GPIO driver was missed
  (drivers/gpio/gpio-ab8500.c) So now it needs to be fixed.
  However it turns out that this driver has a number of problems,
  apart from being marked broken. So now I am working with
  Patrice Chotard and Lee Jones to reshape this driver into
  a proper pinctrl driver and put it into the pinctrl subsystem for
  v3.9. Created a blueprint for this:
  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linux-linaro/+spec/ab8500-gpio-shapeup

* Reviewed and back-merged a number of irqdomain and DT
  patches to the internel v3.4 baseline while interacting with the
  landing team. Now only AB8500 GPIO remains.

* Reviewed and back-merged the timer-based delay patches that
  Fabio from the landing team has been working on. We have a
  pending patch series for these, which will be sent to ARM SoC
  ASAP.

* Reviewed and back-merged Fabios sync work for the DMA40
  driver.

* Sent two fixes for the Nomadik post-v3.8 so it boots again.

* Worked a bit on U300 cleanups.

=== Plans ===

* First fix the AB8500 mess.

* Attack the remaining headers in arch/arm/mach-ux500
  so we can move forward with multiplatform for v3.9.

* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
 PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
 pl08x DMA on that platform.

* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
  using an internal tracking sheet for this.

* Look into regmap. Try something out, get to know it.

=== Issues ===

* Some internal stir and vacation has affected productivity the
  last month.

Thanks,
Linus Walleij