List:       linaro-kernel
Subject:    [ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2012-09-24 - 2012-09-28
From:       linus.walleij () linaro ! org (Linus Walleij)
Date:       2012-09-28 7:07:14

== Linus Walleij linusw ==

=== Highlights ===

* Finally had the RCU lockup issue fixed - Paul McKenney found
  the problem and fixed it. It turns out the same bug has been
  seen on the OMAP, where Paul Walmsley, Becy Bruce et al
  had reported it.
  Hunting and testing this took a lot of time.

* To progress on SPARSE_IRQ I proposed a patch to remove
  the warning from the GIC, and alerted Rob Herring. He didn't
  like that but proposed to fix the problem by fixing all
  descriptor allocation, which will take more time.

* Proposed a patch fixing the pinctrl IRQ desc allocations
  (these happen really early) and was adviced to introduce a
  linear IRQ domain, did this, was proposed to refactor
  IRQ domain core, proposed a patch for this, now following
  up.

* Found out how to really get rid of the ugly workarounds in
  the PL011 driver, only a small ST-Micro derivate-only patch
  was needed in the end to adjust baud rate down with ~5%
  on high baud rates. The rest of the patches were bogus,
  we weren't interfacing the TTY layer correctly. Alan Cox
  told me how to do it properly and lo and behold, it just
  works now. (All work synchronized back to ST-Ericsson's
  internal codebase.)

* Sent out a pinctrl patch for Nomadik I2C, but still
  pondering this due to regressions.

* Discussed resource handling for runtime PM and
  ordinary suspend/resume in the PL022 SPI driver,
  discussion ongoing.

* Reviewed and merged various GPIO patches.

* Reviewed and merged various pinctrl patches.
  Pondering PM semantics.

* Reviewed some ux500 patches coming from Lee.

=== Plans ===

* Ongoing work on sparse IRQ for Nomadik and Ux500
  with the required IRQ domain refactorings.

* Follow up the rest of the above.

* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
 PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
 pl08x DMA on that platform.

* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
  using an internal tracking sheet for this.

* Look into regmap. Try something out, get to know it.

=== Issues ===

* N/A

Thanks,
Linus Walleij