List:       linaro-kernel
Subject:    [ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2012-04-21 - 2012-04-27
From:       linus.walleij () linaro ! org (Linus Walleij)
Date:       2012-04-27 9:40:19

== Linus Walleij linusw ==

=== Highlights ===

* pinctrl fixes sent and pulled by Torvalds.

* Reviewed and applied a bunch of pinctrl patches from Stephen,
  Dong, and a newcomer: John Crispin from OpenWRT. We have
  good traction in this subsystem.

* Sent pull requests for ux500-core, ux500-devicetree and
  ux500-gpio-pins to bring the machine up to date with the recent
  patches. Not yet pulled into ARM SoC

* Brought ux500 pinctrl forward, trying to find a smooth transition
  from the existing codebase to a pinctrl-based approach. This is
  taking some time since it requires quite a bit of upfront code.

* Reviewing device tree from Lee Jones.

* Russell accepted PL190 VIC cleanups and applied them.

* Discussing power domain issues. Andrea and our internal
  power management team as well as Vincent Guittot from Linaro
  PM are all involved. We might need to propose modifications to
  runtime PM.

* Ran the ESC platform perimeter presentation twice internally
  discussing and presenting new features in kernels 3.0 thru 3.4+
  roughly. It appears to have been appreciated.
  http://www.df.lth.se/~triad/papers/ESC-400Slides_Walleij.pdf

=== Plans ===

* Review incoming pinctrl patches.

* Convert ux500 (gpio-nomadik) to pinctrl
 for the kernel 3.5 timeframe.

* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
 PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
 pl08x DMA on that platform.

* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
 like
 - Ux500 clocks (looks like a new assignee might look into this)
 - the HWMON stuff.

=== Issues ===

* Reviewing-and applying pinctrl and ux500 patches cuts
  into ux500 pin control development and disturbs focus.

Thanks,
Linus Walleij