List:       linaro-dev
Subject:    Re: Linaro Newbie wanting to install on Utilite Version 1 and IFC6410
From:       Aaron Gray <aaronngray.lists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-01-26 13:25:15

Hi Nicolas,

> The Utilite 1 is based on iMX processor. the Utilite 2 is using
> Qualcomm APQ8064. The Linaro images are intended for APQ8064, so they
> won't work on Utilite1.

Great I had suspected that the Utilite version 1 was not supported,
thank you for verifying that.

>> I am really not sure what to do with all the files to make a distro with
>> them and Jessie though I have an idea what they are and am used to x86 Linux
>> ISO's.
>
> As said previously, Linaro is not a 'distro'. We are building
> reference images for a certain number of platforms (based on SoC from
> our members generally). Our images are based of existing distro
> (Debian, Android, .. ).
>
> If you want to look at how we are making our images, you can inspect
> our Jenkins build jobs. For example the image that you are looking at
> (Debian/Jessie for Snapdragon) is made using this script:
>
> https://git.linaro.org/ci/job/configs.git/blob/HEAD:/lt-qcom-debian-images.yaml

hopefully should be enough for me to get into things. And I will be
able to get a an up to date Utilite 1 image.

Then maybe contribute a build job script for it ?

> It should give you an idea about what it takes to create such images.
> It is not very difficult to make your own Debian images, assuming that
> you have a working kernel tree for your platform. All the

I have managed to build a working Kali (Jessie based) distro for it
from instructions.

> tools/scripts we use to make our images are publicly available.

Great !

Many thanks,

Aaron