List:       linaro-dev
Subject:    [Question] How To Log QEMU Memory Access
From:       uulinux () gmail ! com (Jerry)
Date:       2012-03-27 7:36:43

Hi Perter,

I read some code lines of QEMU in the past week and have more understanding
about QEMU. But there are also a lot of things unclear in my mind. And I
beg you help me again.

First, I found there are some x86 instructions translated from TCG
instructions will access the "RAM device" directly. Do you think so? Is it
fast path you said? And the slow path means it's necessary to call these
functions in softmmu_template.h (such as glue(glue(__ld, SUFFIX),
MMUSUFFIX)) to get the host virtual address from guest virtual address. If
the access the "RAM device" directly is true, I think it is very difficult
to monitor. Do you have a good idea?

Second,  about the following suggestion:

You might find it simpler to attack the problem at a higher level
> by modifying the translator to output calls to tracing helper functions
> before every load/store instruction.

Did it means add an new TCG instructions to tracing it? The new TCG
instruction will be generated when disassemble ARM LD/ST instructions, and
then the new TCG instruction will generate the call of tracing helper
function when they are translated to X86. In the tracing helper function,
the RAM access log will out put. Does these your means?

Thanks,
Jerry

--
I love linux!!!