List:       linaro-boot-architecture
Subject:    ARM Boot Architecture working group idea
From:       grant.likely () secretlab ! ca (Grant Likely)
Date:       2010-08-31 7:25:39

Follow up to the initial poll for interest on an ARM Boot Architecture
working group (You can read the initial posting below for those people
I've just added to the to: list).

Linaro has graciously offered to host a mailing list and provide a
conference bridge for meetings.  You can subscribe to the mailing list
here:

I'm ready to kick off the first phase of the working group, which is
to start collecting requirements and to define the boot use-cases that
the working group will focus on solving (for example, one use-case is
supporting a generic ARM distro on netbooks and tablets).  There is a
start to capturing requirements on the wiki page[1] and some
discussion on the associated talk page[2].

[1] http://devicetree.org/Boot_Architecture
[2] http://devicetree.org/Talk:Boot_Architecture

I propose having a kick-off conference call in about 2 weeks (week of
September 13th).  Goal of the first call will be settle on a
first-draft for the requirements, and to figure out if there are
additional people or companies that we should be soliciting feedback
from.  Then we can begin drafting the interface and recommended
practices document.

If you're interested in being in on the call, let me know and I'll
send you an invite and if you've got a preference on a day of the
week.  Regardless of the day, It will probably have to be at about
9:00MDT/16:00GMT to handle everyone's timezones.

Cheers,
g.