List:       linaro-acpi
Subject:    Re: [Linaro-acpi] APEI question
From:       Assaf Hoffman <hoffman () marvell ! com>
Date:       2013-10-24 8:54:16

Hi Tomasz,
The Linux code was written for x86. I'm not x86 guy but I can assume that \
ghes_do_proc() do not deal with CPER_SEC_PROC_GENERIC because for x86 it has no \
meaning. For x86 there are only memory and PEX errors.  All other IOs are behind PEX. \
Anyway, ghes_do_proc() process GHES errors, which means these are not standard errors \
or platform vendor decides to do FFM to run errata fix in firmware . Otherwise, x86 \
architectural  errors will be reported using APEI error types 0-2 and 6-8. I do not \
understand what Chen means when he refer to "processor errors". Moreover, I think \
only SW can decide whether uncorrectable error is fatal or not. Thanks.