List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Breathing marks
From:       Maurits Lamers via LilyPond user discussion <lilypond-user () gnu ! org>
Date:       2024-03-29 14:42:17

I think that because of the combination of symbols, I would use \markup
instead.

\version "2.24.0"

\score {
   \new Staff {
     \relative c'' {
       c8\( b a g8 ~ g8\)^\markup { O \musicglyph "scripts.rcomma" }
\acciaccatura { a'8^( } g fis) d
     }
   }
}

It is definitely not ideal, as you'd need to raise the comma a bit
still, and you might need to create a bit of space, but it keeps the
attachment to the notes they belong to. You can then use the markup
positioning to get things into the right place.

cheers

Maurits