List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Splitting divisi passages in staves
From:       "Adam M. Griggs" <adammgriggs () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-03-26 13:25:48

Hello, that's all possible.

The Staff.keepAliveInterfaces part is a bit more tricky but I grappled with
it on this mailing list a few months ago:

https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2023-11/msg00063.html

https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2023-11/msg00072.html

Your score and multi-stave parts are separate from one another and so the
layout of each can be handled with entirely different parameters.

\partCombine has a bit of a quirk you need to be aware of: it doesn't work
when invoked mid-expression. This applies to BOTH parts. So, if one part
has a stretch of multimeasure rests, say R1*14, and you want to change the
\partCombine behaviour part-way in, you'll have to split that into, for
example,

R1*6
[\partCombineApart]
R1*8

IMPORTANT:
You are still required to split that multimeasure rest even if you put the
\partCombineApart command in the other contributing part.

Take a look at those links, test things out, and good luck.