List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: LilyPond 2.25.14
From:       Michael Gerdau <mgd () qata ! de>
Date:       2024-03-26 10:20:05

Am 23.03.24 um 17:55 schrieb Karlin High:
> The attached zip folder is what I used in the previous post. It was
> derived from a post by Vaughan McAlley in 2016, updated via convert-ly
> to the version in question here.
>
> It looks like back in 2016, on the same computer I now have, LilyPond
> 2.19.46 was taking 1 min 4 seconds for it.

How carefully did you compare?
Given the 7 warnings
Warning: the property 'extra-X-extent' does not exist (perhaps a typing
error)
Warning: the property 'extra-X-extent' does not exist (perhaps a typing
error)
Warning: the property 'extra-X-extent' does not exist (perhaps a typing
error)
Warning: the property 'extra-X-extent' does not exist (perhaps a typing
error)
Warning: the property 'extra-X-extent' does not exist (perhaps a typing
error)
Warning: the property 'extra-X-extent' does not exist (perhaps a typing
error)
Warning: the property 'extra-X-extent' does not exist (perhaps a typing
error)

in divisionis.ly I'd expect some subtle spacing changes involving the
various barlines etc. derived from breathing signs. I have no doubt that
it looks close enough though.

> Congrats on the speed-up, developers!

Definitely.

For the record:
real    0m13,203s
user    0m12,789s
sys     0m0,347s

on my AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS Notebook with 32GB RAM on ArchLinux.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
  Michael Gerdau       email: mgd@qata.de