List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: How do I shift notes in one voice w/o shifting the other?
From:       Kevin Cole <dc.loco () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-11-29 21:16:10

On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 4:05 PM Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:

> The original is odd.  It has a half note where a quarter note should be.  But if \
> you want to reproduce it exactly, see my code below.  No need for temporary voices.

Another wrote to me privately suggesting that the original that I'm
copying from was more than likely just plain wrong, saying essentially
what you've just said. That hadn't occurred to me, but after it was
pointed out, my wee brain said "Ohhhh. That makes sense." Not being a
music reader, I am slow to pick up on such things, and only know upon
MIDI playback that something sounds off. So, now with two votes for
"half-notes there are wrong / odd" I'm going to transcribe it with
quarter-notes there, listen to the MIDI and, if it sounds okay, leave
them as quarter-notes.

Thanks!