List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: -inf staff space,Setting to zero.
From:       Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-11-19 19:38:43

Am So., 19. Nov. 2023 um 15:30 Uhr schrieb Michael Gerdau <mgd@qata.de>:

> Hi lilyponders!
>
> the attached fairly short script creates 4x the aforementioned error. It
> seems to be created by the combined
>    \tweak Parentheses.font-size #2 \parenthesize
>
> The resulting score looks basically fine (AFAICT) but I guess this error
> should not occur anyway.
>
> This happens both with 2.25.9 and 2.25.10
>
> Kind regards,
> Michael
> --
>   Michael Gerdau       email: mgd@qata.de
>   GPG-keys available on request or at public keyserver

Well, the output is not ok. Look at the begin of measure 13, those
small parentheses...
A minimal:

\version "2.25.10" %% happens with 2.24. already
{
  \override DynamicTextSpanner.style = #'none
  b1-\parenthesize \cresc \break b\f
}

Imho a bug.

You're brobably better of doing:

{
  \set crescendoSpanner = #'text
  \set crescendoText = "(cresc.)"
  \override DynamicTextSpanner.style = #'none
  b1\< \break b\f
}

Cheers,
  Harm