List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: How do I set the Scheme sandbox to \language = "english"?
From:       Jean Abou Samra <jean () abou-samra ! fr>
Date:       2023-09-25 22:01:26

Le lundi 25 septembre 2023 à 17:56 -0400, Kevin Cole a écrit  :
> I'm trying to learn more about Scheme by "playing in the sandbox".
>
> When I tried to convert the string "d" to a pitch, it converted correctly.
>
> When I tried the same thing with "bf" I ended up with what I think is
> still a string.
>
> I'm guessing that's because the sandbox is not using English note names.
>
> Is there a variable to set or some sort of "include" that would
> convince it to use English note names?

GNU LilyPond 2.25.9 (running Guile 3.0)
Processing `/home/jean/repos/lilypond/build/out/share/lilypond/current/ly/scheme-sandbox.ly'
Parsing...
GNU Guile 3.0.7
Copyright (C) 1995-2021 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(#{ g90}#)> #{ c #}
$1 = #<Pitch c >
scheme@(#{ g90}#)> #{ bf #}