List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: embed lilypond into godot application
From:       Pierre-Luc Gauthier <p.luc.gauthier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-07-27 18:33:30

I know I'm dreaming here but here :
What about a live game engine that could render live "paper" music
about one measure in advance at a time ?

e.g.: live coding with SuperCollider :

https://youtu.be/bZ2Qh5_ff0A?t=4854

e.g. this SC code :
(
Pdef(
    \fluteI,
    Pbind(
        \type, \LilyPondLiveEngraver,
        \destination, \fluteIiPad,
        \dur, Pwrand(
            [1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16],
            [10,8,6,4,3].normalizeSum, inf),
        // \midinote, Pseq([36,37,38],inf),
        \degree, Pxrand([0,1,2,3b,3s],inf),
        \amp, 0.75,
        \legato, Prand([1, 1/2,],inf)
    )).play(quant: -5)
// ^ Schedule this to play in 5 bars from now;
)

Could possibly generate those bars :

{ c'1\f e'1 ef'2-. d'2 c'1 }.

We could compose live music with an orchestra and what not… Giving
sensors to people in the crowd for them to modulate the orchestra
(dynamics, color, harmonic density, etc).

Annex : This live coding excerpt is taken from a 7/8 measure bar of
"Oh No" harmonized and looped :
https://youtu.be/Q4OuWtqmGLI?t=64

--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier