List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Using functions "parenthesize" in lilypond 2.24.1
From:       Jean Abou Samra <jean () abou-samra ! fr>
Date:       2023-07-11 12:05:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Le mardi 11 juillet 2023 à 12:19 +0300, Виноградов Юрий a écrit  :

> Hello. I'm typing an accordion part. And in my left hand I need to put a note in \
> the \parenthesize function. But since this note takes up space in the measure. \
> Example: beat 2/4 and note 1/8 - it turns out to be 5/8 in a beat. To make \
> everything look good in the other hand, I either put the size of 5/8 in this tact \
> and add an invisible pause (s8). Or I type in these bars with the \cadenzaOn \
> function. Can you tell me how to leave the measure in the normal 2/4 size and have \
> this note with the \parenthesize function not be counted in the measure.

I don't know accordion notation, but: isn't this a grace note? If so, you should just \
use the \grace command like so:

```
\version "2.24.1"

<<
  \new Staff {
    \time 2/4
    \grace s8
    d'2
  }
  \new Staff {
    \time 2/4
    \grace \parenthesize c'8
    d'2
  }

```

Note that you might get trouble if you do not have parallel graces (a problem famous \
as "issue #34"), so you should use a grace skip in the upper staff.

Best,

Jean